Islamic Foundation School is seeking an individual for the role of School Vice-Principal. This individual will be required to work cooperatively with multiple stakeholders, including Leadership Team of IFS, IFS Board Members, staff, parents and students, to create a safe and inclusive environment with high academic and Islamic expectations for its students.
Salary, terms and conditions are negotiable.
Summary of Duties
- As instructional leader, establish high standards and expectations for Ontario Curriculum, Islamic values, and good citizenship in the school community;
- Mentors and supports teachers;
- Works with the Leadership Team in the design and delivery of professional learning;
- With Principal, monitors program delivery through Teacher Performance Appraisals and regular walk through;
- Assumes managerial duties including but not limited to: timetabling, assigning and coverage of teacher absence, safe arrival, the school safety plan;
- Works collaboratively with staff members to oversee day-to-day operations of the school;
- Maintain positive relationships with parents, including communications to support the students in the school as needed;
- Provide recommendations to the board with respect to the appointment and promotion of teachers, and the demotion or dismissal of teachers;
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Qualifications & Skills
- A member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience;
- Completed the Principal’s Qualifications Program (PQP), or be willing to complete the PQP within 3 years of start of contract;
- Outstanding interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Expertise in the use of technology;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and problem-solving skills.
IFS is inspected by the Ministry of Education every two years. School calendar is based on Ministry of Education Calendar and referenced with Toronto and York Region Boards of Education for holidays, professional development and exam days.
IFS follows the Ontario Curriculum in all grades and Islamic curriculum designed by IFS for Muslim children in the 21st Century. Academic records, EQAO results and university admissions indicate that IFS is one of the best Islamic schools in Canada. Admissions are based on merits, an entrance test and personal interviews with the candidates and their families. School hours of operation are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Additional hours may be required for school related activities.
Applicants must submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter indicating interest in the position. Applications should be submitted to be received no later than July 14th, 2017.
Applicants must submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter indicating interest in the position.
Applications will not be acknowledged in writing; however, applicants may request a delivery receipt when sending via e-mail.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified as soon as possibly by telephone.
This hiring process will stop accepting applications on July 14, 2017 at 11:59pm. Please have your application submitted by this time using the form above. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful submission. If you don't see the confirmation email please check your Spam/Junk mail folder.