POSTING: August 12, 2019
DEADLINE: August 20, 2019
Islamic Foundation School
IFS is owned and operated by the Islamic Foundation of Toronto, which is a Not For Profit organization.
Islamic Foundation School is seeking an individual for the role of School Vice-Principle. This individual will be required to work cooperatively with multiple stakeholders, including Leadership Team of IFS, IFS Board Members, staff, parents and students, to create a safe and inclusive environment with high academic and Islamic expectations for its students.
Salary, terms, and conditions are negotiable.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- As instructional leader, establish high standards and expectations for Ontario Curriculum, Islamic values, and good citizenship in the school community;
- Mentors and supports teachers;
- Works with the Leadership Team in the design and delivery of professional learning;
- With Principal, monitors program delivery through Teacher Performance Appraisals and regular walkthrough;
- Assumes managerial duties including but not limited to: timetabling, assigning and coverage of teacher absence, safe arrival, the school safety plan;
- Works collaboratively with staff members to oversee day-to-day operations of the school;
- Maintain positive relationships with parents, including communications to support the students in the school as needed;
- Provide recommendations to the board with respect to the appointment and promotion of teachers, and the demotion or dismissal of teachers;
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience;
- Completed the Principal’s Qualifications Program (PQP), or be willing to complete the PQP within 3 years of the start of contract;
- Outstanding interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Expertise in the use of technology;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and problem-solving skills.
IFS is inspected by the Ministry of Education every two years. School calendar is based on Ministry of Education Calendar and referenced with Toronto and York Region Boards of Education for holidays, professional development and exam days.
IFS follows the Ontario Curriculum in all grades and Islamic curriculum designed by IFS for Muslim children in the 21st Century. Academic records, EQAO results, and university admissions indicate that IFS is one of the best Islamic schools in Canada. Admissions are based on merits, an entrance test and personal interviews with the candidates and their families. School hours of operation are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Additional hours may be required for school-related activities.
Applicants must submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter indicating interest in the position. Applications should be submitted to be received no later than August 20th, 2019
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Please state the position being applied to in the subject line.
- Applications will not be acknowledged in writing; however, applicants may request a delivery receipt when sending via e-mail.
- Candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified as soon as possible by telephone.